The music industry is currently undergoing a technological revolution. Don’t you agree?
Music and technology have fused wonderfully over the years, opening up pathways for multiple advancements. This has improved not just music itself but also how we listen to it. With all this and more, music libraries are going out of hand. There is so much to store and process that almost all music producers now need an external hard drive.
Best External Hard Drive for Music Production
Of course, the market is full of these hard drives but is it as simple as picking an ordinary hard drive and expecting it to live up to your expectations? Not really. There are specific external hard drives for music production, which cater to everything you need. You should eye only these. Luckily, we are all spoilt for choice. Amazon houses plenty of options for you to pick from.
If you are confused, follow our list, and you will find your favorite portable hard drive right here. Let’s begin:
1. Glyph Atom SSD | 275 GB SSD
This excellent hard drive comes with a USB 3.0 Thunderbolt 3. It is among our favorites because it is fast and works like a charm. Now, we shall run you through its features so that you understand whether this is the one you’ve been waiting for:
- You can enjoy speeds up to a whopping 560 Mbps.
- It is bus-powered and portable. Carry it with you wherever you go!
- It comes in a shock resistant cover that keeps it safe. It is also anti-slip.
- It has already been formatted for Mac, but if you want to use it for Windows, a simple format from your end is all you need.
- Along with functionality, it offers aesthetics, enabling you to choose from four lovely colors: grey, black, gold, and silver.
2. BlackBox Pro 2 TB BBPR2000
All the creative professionals will go gaga over this BlackBox. It comes with an assortment of features that make storage easy and interesting at the same time. Here are some of its features:
- It works on the latest USB-C Technology.
- It has a tough exterior with a rubber bumper for added protection.
- It engages in optimized passive cooling. This means that even after prolonged use, it will be cool as a cucumber.
- Fanless heat dissipation is one of the top features here. We absolutely love it because it takes care of the heat without the noise of the fan.
- It is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. It is also compatible with Thunderbolt.
- You can use it for Windows XP & above and Mac OSX 10.4 & above. For Windows, though, you may need to take care of the initial formatting. Mac users can use it immediately.
- The box contains the hard disk, its shell, 2 cables, and an external power adapter.
- It is pretty large but still portable, although it may not fit in your pocket.
3. Glyph 1 TB Atom RAID USB 3.1 Type-C External Solid State Drive
Rugged, black, and solid, this external hard drive is your answer for sure. It is highly reliable and leaves every user happy. It is Glyph’s fastest SSD so far. This will give you an idea of what we mean by reliable. Here’s a closer look:
- It comes in a bus-powered enclosure made with aluminum.
- It is portable and light. You can carry it in your pocket.
- It is very versatile and comes with 2 cables.
- You can start using it with Time Machine (Mac OS) immediately. For Windows, you may need to format before you start using it.
- It has a reversible USB-C connector.
- Even though we are talking about 1 TB here, Glyph offers variations from 500 GB to 4 TB. You can pick whatever suits you the most.
- It is compatible with Mac OS 10.4 & above, and Windows Vista & above.
4. Samsung T5 Portable SSD
Here comes the good old Samsung with its awesome products! Of course, we couldn’t keep it away from our list because its portable SSD is one of a kind. It is easy to use and very versatile. Keep reading for more features:
- It offers a speed of up to 540 Mbps. That’s excellent for regular use. The transfer rate is usually at least 150 Mbps.
- It is super portable. It fits in the palm! You can either carry it in your backpack or just slip it in your pocket and take it with you to the studio.
- It comes with 2 cables: Type C to C and Type C to A for ease of use.
- You can encrypt it and protect your data with a password for complete safety.
- It is compatible with Mac, gaming consoles, PC, and smartphones. So, with the Samsung SSD, you can do much more than just sync your music files and back them up.
- A few users have noted that the cables provided are not as stable as they would like them to be. But we think there were exceptions. The cables we used were just fine.
5. SanDisk 500 GB SSD USB-C and USB 3.1
We are rounding off our list with an Amazon’s Choice product. The SanDisk hard drive is an absolute gem with high speed and reliability. It is also compact and works wonders when you want to back up files quickly. Let’s know more:
- The transfer speeds can touch 550 Mpbs, which is outstanding.
- It comes in a shock-resistant cover that protects the hard disk and provides durability. It is also water-resistant and dust-resistant.
- It is pocket-sized and quite compact.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- Please keep in mind that like with any other hard drive, the performance depends on the operating system, drive capacity, and host device. So, don’t be alarmed if you don’t get what’s on paper.
We hope this extensive list helps you select your favorite without wasting any more time on research. All the options that we have given here are dependable and tested for an excellent performance. If you have any comments or views of the same, we would love to hear them. Feel free to let us know!
Leave a Reply